Help us plan our 2019 Seminar hosted in Pittsburgh this summer.
As part of our responsibilities as a member of CISV USA, our chapter must host international programs in Pittsburgh. This summer, we will host a Seminar program for 17-18 year olds from around the world.
Seminar is a 3-week program from June 23 to July 13 where 24 participants will travel to Pittsburgh individually from their home countries.
This challenging, intensive program will be coordinated by the participants themselves. They will develop their own agenda and explore global issues based on their backgrounds and interests, through activities and in-depth discussions. They will even cook for themselves. Supervision and assistance including grocery shopping will be done by the adult staff hired by CISV Pittsburgh.
Our Program Planner, Gina Wynn, needs assistance from the Planning Committee in preparing for Seminar. Here are some of the tasks for the committee:
- Soliciting donations of food and grocery store gift cards
- Recruiting, interviewing and hiring adult staff
- Planning an excursion day off-site
- Recruiting host families to provide overnight accommodations for participants who need to arrive early or leave late
- Assisting the Risk Manager in her duties to assure the camp meets all national and international safety requirements
- Coordinating on-call medical, dental and psychological professionals
- Organizing transportation for participants to/from the Pittsburgh International Airport
IT TAKES A VILLAGE TO PUT ON A SEMINAR! VOLUNTEER TODAY.