About this Program
The first Seminar Camp was held in 1959.
This personally challenging, intensive program is coordinated by the young participants themselves. They develop their own agenda and explore global issues based on their backgrounds and interests, through activities and in-depth discussions.
Seminar Camps are for 30 international participants, with the supervision and assistance of international adult staff.
Joining a Seminar Camp puts you in the driving-seat, as with your fellow participants you plan and lead the program. Being part of Seminar Camp’s group-living environment encourages you to take a creative and cooperative approach to problem-solving and resolving differences that can arise from healthy discussion. Friendship and fun ensure that your Seminar Camp experience is lasting and positive.
Application deadline is December 15, 2019 to be considered in the first round of invitations.
- Applications after that time will be considered but priority will be given to those who submit before the deadline.
- Questions can be directed to CISV USA Seminar Camp Chair, Julia Beasley at email@example.com or Laura Ripberger at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Delegates with a birthdate of 2002 and 2003 (turning 17 or 18 in 2020) or, this year only, be age 17 or 18 through August 31, 2020, turning 19 September 1 or later.
- Applicants apply directly to CISV USA.
- If selected, applicants will pay the Pittsburgh Chapter for the program.
- Fee are $1,600 for domestic programs, $1,640 for international programs. (travel expenses not included)
1) Fill out the following forms online:
2) Complete the Application including essay and submit it to email@example.com.
- Applications should include 2 references, proof of age, and an endorsement from the chapter. Please email Kathy Knauer, chapter president at firstname.lastname@example.org for chapter endorsement.
Seminar 2020 Invitations as of 9/17/2019. (Click here to print list – as of 9/17/2019)
Dates may change. We will update the list as needed.
|Reference||Host NA/PA||Chapter||Dates||Gender||Airport||RANK (P,Y, N)|
|S-2020-001||Austria||Linz||17/07/2020-06/08/2020||(1) M (1) F||LNZ|
|S-2020-003||Brazil||Campinas||05/07/2020-25/07/2020||(1) M (1) F||GRU or VCP|
|S-2020-004||Brazil||Sao Jose dos Campos||05/07/2020-25/07/2020||(1) M (1) F||GRU|
|S-2020-005||Canada||Montreal-St-Gregoire||31/07/2020-20/08/2020||(1) M (1) F||YUL|
|S-2020-006||Czech Republic||Prague||03/07/2020-23/07/2020||(1) M (1) F||PRG|
|S-2020-007||Denmark||Midtjylland||13/07/2020-02/08/2020||(2) M (1) F||BLL or CPH|
|S-2020-009||Iceland||Iceland||04/07/2020-24/07/2020||(1) M (1) F||KEF|
|S-2020-010||Indonesia||Bandung||01/07/2020-21/07/2020||(1) M (1) F||BDO|
|S-2020-011||Israel||Tel Aviv||31/07/2020-20/08/2020||(1) M (1) F||TLV|
|S-2020-012||Italy||Torino||12/07/2020-01/08/2020||(1) M (2) F||TRN|
|S-2020-013||Jordan||Amman||05/07/2020-25/07/2020||(1) M (1) F||AMM|
|S-2020-014||Mexico||Monterrey||28/06/2020-18/07/2020||(1) M (1) F||MTY|
|S-2020-015||Netherlands||Netherlands||17/07/2020-06/08/2020||(1) M (2) F||AMS|
|S-2020-016||Norway||Trondelag||18/07/2020-07/08/2020||(1) M (1) F||TRD|
|S-2020-017||Portugal||Lisbon||18/07/2020-07/08/2020||(2) M (1) F||LIS|
|S-2020-018||Spain||Galicia||20/07/2020-09/08/2020||(2) M (1) F||SCQ|
|S-2020-020||Sweden||Bastad-Bjare||26/06/2020-16/07/2020||(2) M (1) F||CPH|
|S-2020-021||Switzerland||Geneva||04/07/2020-24/07/2020||(1) M (1) F||GVA|
|S-2020-022||USA||Detroit||26/07/2020-15/08/2020||(1) M (1) F||DTW|
|S-2020-023||France||Provence||03/07/2020-23/07/2020||(1) M (1) F||MRS|